About Me

My photo
Chicago, IL, United States
I'm Danny. I've got a job as an English teacher in Gwangju, South Korea! I grew up in Chicago in America, and some day I might go back.

Monday, July 26, 2010

Summer in Korea

Well... the weather here is ...Hot.  Hot and humid, and the occasional rain storm.  Actually the occasional rain storm happens quite a lot.  But for the most part, the weather is nice and good for doing outdoor things!  I just got back from the Boryang Mud Festival.  Something really cool that involves a TON of mud coming from the mud flats in Boryang and then people painting themselves with said mud.  And of course the obvious mud wrestling, mud slides, mud body art, and other mud related activities!  After we all got cleaned up, there was a pretty sweet hiphop concert with korean rappers and it was really awesome.  The next day we sat on the beach for like 4 hours doing nothing but relaxing and drinking rum out of coconuts... Talk about the life!!

I'm also pleased to say my korean is finally starting to allow me to have conversations with people!  Sure sure, they're limited conversations, but they are a lot of fun!  In one week, I will be going on a trip with a friend who doesn't speak any english!  We'll be touring all over Korea for a whole week! 

Right now we're teaching summercamp, and what that means is that I only have to work for 1/2 days, and then they let me go home, so I've been filling the time with lots of bike riding, hiking, and meeting friends.  I think it'd be pretty easy for me to say that life is good right now! 

I definitely miss everything that's happening at home these days, so if anything sweet's been going on since I left, someone let me know in a comment!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got a new kitten. Topanga.

They say the US and South Korea are gonna blow North Korea to smithereens.

Thats all.
T