Monday, March 15, 2010

I'm a Science Teacher!

So I've been forgetting to mention this for like 2 weeks now-- I'm also a science teacher!

When I first got to the school, my principal really liked the fact that I have a degree in environmental chemistry, so he asked me to start teaching grade 4, 5, and 6 science!  It'll be a supplemental science course in addition to the normal curriculum, and I'm teaching it in english.

The best part is that I get to make my own lesson plans, and so I'm going to be teaching the science of nature!  I'm thinking of structuring it kind of like how I would teach an outdoor education class, but from the perspective of indoors.  Koreans really love nature and hiking and all that, so I think it will be really well recieved.

But... here's to actually using my college degree!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

SWEEEET

GO IIT!

Abby Beissinger said...

Blorno,

Very neat!! That's so cool that you get to use your payed for talents instead of your discovered ones!!!

Anonymous said...

Teach them some genetics!

Timmy

Stickler said...

Congrats man.