Thursday, May 13, 2010

Just had my first science class

So I should be going home now, but I'm pretty pumped.  I just had my first science class, and it was awesome!  Like, it was really really cool.  I taught the kids about the science of trees and plants.  I totally had to change my lesson plan on the fly though because of the following...

My original lesson plan was to teach what kinds of trees are where.  Then I ask a basic intro question, "what do trees do."  I was hoping to get a response like, "they grow!" buuuut everyone started explaining in broken english how they breath CO2!!!  Waaaa!  I guess they were a little smarter than my initial lesson plan had been created for.

So we went more indepth into how the tree actually functions, then we went outside for some good old "observational science"!!  We drew pictures of plants and leaves, ect... and came back and talked about stuff.  All in all, it was waaaaaaaaaaaaay more fun than teaching english!  Maybe the coolest part, is that when I accidentally became reeally enthusiastic about the scientific method (haha, I swear I couldn't help it--it's just so cool!), the kids got really excited about it too!  Teaching is fun.

No comments: